It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:56 am 
Epic Hero
Epic Hero

NOTE: This thread (at least my stuff in it) is limited and outdated. Lots of updated stuff is found here: http://epicrpg.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=3879#3879

Hi everyone.

I'm slowly converting races from Radiance RPG. The main unique thing that they do with their races is that each race progresses, with options being chosen as time goes on. Normal Epic RPG character creation grants 12 skill points or more. Racial abilities could add up to around half a dozen more, over time. This is very much a work in progress (so will be continuing to fix question marks and unconverted skills and attributes), but would love to hear feedback from whoever might be interested.

A player character chooses two abilities from it's race's Racial Abilities list at character creation. The first time your character has a skill that reaches an odd skill level above 1, the character gains another race ability.

Half-Orc
Attributes: +2 WLL +2 MGT -2 PRS -2 BTY
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 ft
Life Points: 10
Darkvision
Dual Heritage: For effects related to race, you are considered both Orc and Human
Free Languages: Common, Orc
Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, local Human language
Typical Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Base Age: ?
Intimidating: +1 to checks involving looming intimidation
Ferocity: Continue to fight when should be incapacitated?
RACIAL ABILITIES: A Half-Orc chooses two abilities from the following list at character creation. The first time your character has a skill that reaches an odd skill level above 1, the character gains another race ability.
Blood for Blood: Once per day, when you deal damage, +2 damage and restore 2 life points.
Deep Kin: some half-orcs have dealings with drow, duergar and other denizens of deep places under the earth. You speak Drow and Undercommon, also +1 of one of (dungeon nature)? or acute darkvision?
Demonblood: Your lineage is tainted, presumably including a demon. You can spit acid against one target within 10ft. 1d4 acid damage+1pt per (lvl?). Half dmg if ref resists? Costs 1 qp?
Eye of the killer: When making a ranged attack, you can ignore cover and concealment if the target is within 15ft.
Fecund: You are insatiable, and every romantic liason results not only in pregnancy but also in multiple births +1 persuasion
Feral child: Some Half-Orcs grow up alone in woods or badlands, either to avoid other's taunts or because they are exiled. +1 to one of animal handling, athletics, fieldcraft, or stealth.
Mostly Human: You are an Orkin from Lesserton. You can usually pass for human, but you are poor, and start with only your PRS of gold in loose change, regardless of your upbringing. Your attributes are +2 to MGT and WLL instead of standard half-orc attributes. You can only take this ability when first creating your character.
pack mule: Treat your MGT score as 4 points higher when determining carry capacity.
Racial Hatred: Against Elves and half-elves, +1 attack, +2 damage
Rare Attribute: boost one attribute if your choice by +1?
Toughness: Your body is a tough fighting machine. Boost your maximum life points by +3
Vitality Surge: Once daily as a standard action you may draw upon inner reserves of anger and recover 1d6 life points.
Fullblood: Orcs have +4 MGT and WLL, and -2 to RSN, ITU, PRS, BTY instead of standard half-orc attributes. For effects relating to race you are considered an orc. You can only take this ability when first creating your character.
Scavenger: Some half-orcs eke out a living picking over garbage and engaging in petty theft. +1 to one of commerce or thiefcraft
Toothy: Orcish teeth can be sharp (or sharpened), to better rend meat. 1d4 bite attack (primary natural, piercing).
Cosmopolitan: +1 to your choice of clothier, craftsman, farming, or nautical arts, and, although you will always stick out in a crowd, you obviously are as normal a part if it as anyone else.
gladiator training?
grapple?
great fort?
iron will?

Radiance RPG: Free players guide pdf available http://www.radiancehouse.com/games.htm The author told me to include this quote concerning his character race info, and link:
"All written content herein is considered open game content."
http://www.d20srd.org/ogl.htm
Here's the Pathfinder one too, just in case: http://paizo.com/prd/

Last edited by guang on Sat May 03, 2014 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Encounter charts
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:26 pm 
Epic Hero
Epic Hero

I have been working on draft versions of Encounter charts based upon general location, time of day and terrain type. No where near ready to have it ready for posting yet though I have sent Kent a draft of three of the charts, waiting for his input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:14 am 
Epic Hero
Epic Hero

Not very happy with this anymore. Good thing it was barely started. Based on my altered reference sheet, gonna redo all the races. I'll post when I'm done. Here's my sources of inspiration that I'm working from:

Start over.
For each species, get:
1. Radiance racial options
2. PF stats and racial feats
3. 3.5 stats and racial feats
4. Fantasycraft stats and racial feats
5. 4e if anything interesting
6. Others as appropriate: Dark sun, Midnight, etc.
7. My own ideas
Combine in a single page, Radiance style and convert to Epic for PF style.